Some of these stringent criteria are as follows:
All facilities, regardless of staffing model, must meet or exceed all of the minimum criteria below.
Facility must accept and advertise that walk-in patients of all ages are accepted for a broad spectrum of illness, injury and disease during all hours the facility is open to see patients.
- Pediatric specialty centers are exempt from above age requirement IF pediatric-only specialization is included in the name of the facility.
The following must be available during all posted hours of operation for the facility:
- X-ray on site
- Phlebotomy services on site
- Licensed provider on site with the appropriate state licenses and resources to:
- obtain and read an EKG and x-ray on site
- administer PO, IM & IV medication/fluids on site
- perform minor procedures (ex. sutures, cyst removal, incision & drainage, splinting) on site